Greedy People, who want to earn few extra bucks through their illegal activities, they adopt all kinds of nifty methods. Dheeraj Kumar, an accused in the JPSC (Jharkhand Public Service Commission) Scam too came out with ingenious ways to fill his pockets with ill-gotten money. With the active assistance from few corrupt officials working in JPSC. Last month, on October 11, Dheeraj Kumar was arrested from Ratu Road Ranchi by the sleuth from Vigilance Department. He was remanded to judicial custody after he was produced before the Vigilance Court.
Who is Dheeraj Kumar?
Well, Dheeraj Kumar was a Director of Ranchi based private firm, called Global Informatics. His firm was entrusted with a job of coding and encoding of candidates’ answer-sheets for the examinations conducted by JPSC for the appointment of primary teacher by the Jharkhand Government. Jharkhand Vigilance Department reported that JPSC and Global Informatics signed a contract to undertake the job of pre and post examination work for the said appointment. His company was responsible for the encoding of secret codes for each candidate and later decoding the secret code for the preparation of the list of successful candidates.
What Dheeraj Kumar is accused of?
According to the Jharkhand Vigilance Department, Dheeraj Kumar allegedly altered the codes to favour the candidates who came to him through his contacts in JPSC and offered him good money for the services.
The charges states, “His Company initially entered into contract to oversee the appointment of Primary School Teacher, but the JPSC Secretary Alice Usha Rani extended his services to the conduct of Second Civil Services Examination. Interestingly she did not take necessary approval from her superiors for the wrong extension of his services.”
Thus, Dheeraj Kumar is also accused of fudging the secret numeric codes of the candidates who had taken the JPSC Examination conducted in the year 2007-08. His name came up when Vigilance Departments were investigating large-scale tampering of the candidates’ answer-sheets and mark-sheets for the First and Second JPSC Civil Services Examinations.
What was Dheeraj Kumar’s modus operandi?
The Charges framed by Vigilance Department against Dheeraj Kumar states:
- Dheeraj changed the secret codes given to the candidates to favour the candidates who paid him for his services. The secret codes of these paying candidates were revealed clandestinely to them, thereby enabling them to buy their way into the services of Primary Teachers’ Job and even Civil Servants’ Job with the corrupt mandarins of JPSC, who were guiding Dheeraj all along the way.
- He also altered the secret codes in such a manner that those who had cleared the competitive examinations were declared ‘unsuccessful’ while the candidates who paid, they were declared ‘successful’ in spite of securing lesser marks in the examination. Thus he rigged the marks of the candidates.
- It is also alleged that he changed the codes of candidates belonging to the SC (Scheduled Castes), ST (Scheduled Tribe), OBC (Other Backward Classes) and Handicapped Candidates with the candidates of General Category; that kind of fraud at the application level denied many of the candidates the opportunity to get the jobs.
It seems Dheeraj Kumar certainly lost his Dheeraj (patience) in order to earn easy illegal money by ruining the future of many honest youngsters; who not only lost the precious years of their academic lives preparing and taking examination that was never conducted to select them.
Meanwhile, another accused in JPSC Scam, Radha Gobind Nagesh, the JPSC Member, he continues to elude the Jharkhand Police and remains an absconder. However, the other accused namely, former JPSC Chairman Dilip Prasad, members Gopal Prasad Singh, Shanti Devi and former JPSC Secretary Alice Usha Rani are lodged in a jail after a FIR was filed on 9th June 2011.
The other absconding culprits in JPSC Scam must be caught and should be brought to justice.
Latest posts by Team Focus (see all)
- 9 जून, साल 1900, राँची की जेल में भगवान बिरसा मुंडा - June 10, 2017
- Did You Sign This Online Petition Against Amendments To CNT and SPT Acts? - March 26, 2017
- News-makers From Jharkhand For The Year 2016 - December 29, 2016