It has come to light that across the state of Jharkhand, the Temple-Lands and Temple-Assets are being sold-off illegally; even the some powerful people are usurping and encroaching onto its assets.
#Temple Land Scam
- Baidyanath Dham in Deoghar (It is alleged that 52 bigha land belonging to the temple was sold by the temple committee; the case is still pending Patna High Court)
- Bara Khara-Chota Khara Temple in Ichak (It is alleged that its Pujari sold off temple-land and ran away with the antique idol, the Pujari belonged to Bhagalpur; court case is pending)
- Vasukinath in Dumka
- Panch Temple in Hazaribagh
- Bhadra Kali Temple in Ithkhori,
- Ma Chinmastika temple in Rajrappa
It has been reported that in the case of the above named temples, the nexus between land-mafia and the temple authorities is threatening to grab their valuable assets, including lands.
Now Jharkhand Dharmik Nyas Board (Jharkhand Religious Trustee Board or JRTB) has initiated probe into the large-scale scam in temple cases. Almost all the 590 temples registered with the JRTB are facing the similar threats to their properties. According to Madhav Lal Singh, Chairman-JRTB, “Temples’ lands and assets worth billions of rupees have been illegally occupied or in many cases they have been sold-off; also we have found large scale irregularities in the working of various temple committees, that we have decided to reconstitute the committees and initiate probe.”
Trust to find newer and more shameful ways to make money, in Jharkhand.
In a state ruled by BJP led coalition government, this is even more shameful.
# Khadi Gram Udyog Scam
Even Khadi Gram Udyog Sansthan in Jharkhand has fallen to the lures of corruption. The Anti-Corruption Branch of CBI team raided Khadi Gram Udyog Sansthan and its associate concerns and recovered incriminating documents pointing towards the large-scale billing-malpractices. The raids were conducted in the following places:
- Chotanagpur Khadi Gram Udyog Sansthan (CKGS), Tiril
- Khadi Bhandar Store in Shashtri Market, Ranchi
- Kambal Utpadan Kendra, Japla
- Sooti Utpadan Kendra, Harihar Ganj
- Resham Utpadan Kendra, Rahgunathpur, Purulia
- Sale Centre, Bhagalpur
- House of Khadi Gram Udyog Sansthan’s Secretary Abhay Kumar Choudhary, Dhurwa, Ranchi
The Central Government gives subsidy of 20% to promote and support Khadi Gram Udyog (Khadi-Industry). It is alleged that to take advantage of the existing scheme, the officials associated with Khadi Udyog in Jharkhand used to show higher figures of production and sale of Khadi items (than the actual production and sale) to fraudulently claim much higher subsidy from the Government. The above mentioned fraudulent modus-operandi of scam became more active during the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti and the Khadi-Mela; in these occasions, usually 30% discount is offered on the Khadi-items to the customers. The Central Government bears 20% and State Government bears balance 10% of the subsidy as Market Development Assistance (MDA). And this is where fake bills were used to claim subsidy and pocket them.
The case has been registered against Secretary Abhay Kumar Choudhary and other officials by the CBI; this is after CBI team recovered large collection of counterfeit cash-memos and invoices. It has been said that Abhay Kumar is the master-mind in the Khadi scam and he used to show higher Production and Sale figures, to claim much greater funds from the Central Government.
Thank god, Gandhi Ji, the father of our nation and the staunchest advocate of Khadi items does not have to see such corruption cases with his own eyes, in Udyog bearing his name.
Latest posts by Team Focus (see all)
- 9 जून, साल 1900, राँची की जेल में भगवान बिरसा मुंडा - June 10, 2017
- Did You Sign This Online Petition Against Amendments To CNT and SPT Acts? - March 26, 2017
- News-makers From Jharkhand For The Year 2016 - December 29, 2016